The Black Dahlia Murder
Formed in late 2008 in the Midlands, Kyoto Drive are a foursome, thrilling the UK with big hooks and massive melodies. Since their formation, the band have relased an EP, an album and most recently a two track single.
Having recently finished work on their next release with producer Matt O’Grady (YouMeAtSix/Deaf Havana), we catch up with the guys at The Well, Leeds, on the second day of their UK and European tour with Mae and Rookie of the Year.
1. We’ve seen you twice in the last couple of months on tour and you’ve been in Leeds on both. Are there any cities or venues that stand out for you guys in the UK?
2. Are you looking forward to any of the dates in particular on the Mae tour?
3. What/who are your main influences as a band?
5. If you could tour with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
6. What’s next for Kyoto Drive in 2012, after this tour?
We are currently sorting out the release of our next record “THE APPROACH” which we recorded back in November 2011 with the awesome Matt O’Grady (YM@6/Deaf Havana)! This will most likely be in summer and then just tour as much as possible.
7. Will you be gracing the stages of any UK festivals this year?
8. Are there any UK bands you think we should all look out for in 2012?
9. Anything else to add?